7 Best things to do on Catalina with kids this summer
Summer time and the living is easy. At least it is when you are vacationing on Catalina Island with kids.
No matter what their age, there’s plenty of things to do with kids on Catalina in the summer. Here are our top seven summer activities for kids.
- Play on the beach. This one is pretty obvious, but you won’t want to miss some beach time. The new inflatable playscape in the water off South Beach has made that area irresistible, but there’s also plenty of fun to be had at Middle Beach.
- Go kayaking. Catalina’s protected leeward shore is perfect spot to kayak. Younger kids will be happy letting a parent do the work in a double kayak, but older kids will enjoy paddling their own kayak.
- Snorkel. Famous for generations for the beauty and diversity of its underwater world, Catalina Island is the perfect place to enjoy snorkeling with the fishes. Rent gear and explore on your own at Lovers Cove or check out a guided experience for a local’s perspective.
- Head for Descanso Beach. For the perfect Catalina beach day, spend some time at the Descanso Beach Club, where you’ll find a restaurant, kayaking, snorkeling, exclusive cabanas, a climbing wall, shopping, ice cream, a zipline, cocktails and more.
- Snuba. Teens and older children will be thrilled to dive even deeper with snuba, which combines scuba and snorkeling. Participants can plunge up to 30 feet below the surface and come face to mask with a range of fish and other marine life.
- Get out of town. Catalina Island features more than 50 miles of coastline. Grab the family and head to one of island’s best beaches on the Ultimate Beach Adventure.
- Explore Avalon Harbor. Pedal boats and paddle boards are great ways for kids – and their parents — to explore Avalon Harbor, home to myriad motor yachts, dinghies sail boats as well as a wealth of marine life.