Find out what makes scuba divers love Catalina Island! See majestic kelp and schools of colorful fish as you explore Catalina’s underwater world.
Guided Snorkel Eco Tour
- General Admission Ticket Ages 8+
- 2-hour tour includes gear fitting/orientation plus approx. 1 hour on tour/in ocean. A minimum of 4 guests is required to operate the tour.
- A 4-person minimum is required to operate the Guided Snorkel Eco Tour. Should you have less than 4 guests in your party our team may reach out to you 72 hours in advance of your tour to reschedule or refund.
Go Snorkeling on Catalina Island
- It’s time to feel the nature! This guided Catalina Island snorkeling tour in the Casino Point Dive Park is a must for anyone who loves the ocean.
- You will be engulfed by local aquatic life, kelp & schooling fish while an informative guide shows off Catalina’s fascinating marine world.
- The Avalon Dive Park is a well-established marine preserve and offers an abundance of local aquatic life like the colorful Garibaldi.
- Look for schooling blacksmith, kelp bass, bat rays, and maybe even a giant black sea bass.
*Refunds & exchanges are subject to availability. Click here to read our cancellation policy.
Come get close up and personal with the fish and beautiful marine life in our local marine preserve. This guided tour of Catalina’s Avalon Dive Park will take you on a memorable Catalina Island activity as you explore our undersea gardens and learn about the local marine eco-system from our professionally trained instructors. Our kelp forests, clear water and beautiful marine life will make this a great addition to your vacation on Catalina Island.
What is included with my snorkeling tour? All snorkeling equipment is provided: mask, snorkel, fins, and wetsuit. Bring a towel, bathing suit and your sense of adventure. Plan on a total of 2 hours to complete this experience – this includes time get fitted for and return gear.
Upon check-in, at the start of your tour time, you will be fitted for a wet suit, fins, and mask. Once everyone is geared up, an orientation will be provided. Then you’re all set to get wet! Enjoy approximately a one-hour guided snorkel experience in the Avalon Dive Park near the majestic Casino.
For your safety, you should be in good health & free from high blood pressure, heart, neck or back problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this tour. Weather may impact this excursion. Please contact us in the event of inclement weather. You must be able to SWIM to partake in this experience. You will be swimming in the open ocean for the duration of the experience and unable to touch the ocean floor with the exception of entering and exiting the ocean via the Dive Park stairwell.
Single Snorkeler Fee: Guided Snorkel Eco Tour generally requires a minimum of 2 (two) guests to operate. In the event that your purchase does not meet the minimum and yours is the only purchase, there is a $20 individual snorkeler fee/upcharge. The Catalina Tours Reservations Team will contact you should this be the case to advise of the fee and confirm how you would like us to proceed or the Catalina Divers Supply Team will notify you upon check-in.
Wear your bathing suit. Bring a towel, sunscreen, sandals, or flip flops, and sweatshirt. Spending money (gratuities for diving crews are not included in tour cost). This is an open-air excursion. Expect sun exposure! Bring & wear sunscreen. Check the dive trailer for items you may want to enhance your experience.
Casino Point Dive Park
Saint Catherine Way, Avalon, CA, United States
Do I need a reservation for my Catalina Island Guided Snorkel Eco Tour?
While a reservation is not required, it is recommended. There are a limited number of times & guides available and they do sell out.
Where can I put my personal belongings while on tour?
Each location provides an area to store your belongings. It is always best to bring only necessities to your activity as storage space may be limited. Catalina Tours and its vendors are not responsible for the loss, damage or theft of personal property.
Can I take pictures on the Guided Snorkel Eco Tour?
Absolutely! Definitely bring your camera with you. You can purchase an underwater camera upon check-in. Take the memory home by renting a GoPro Hero 3 Silver Edition for $45.00 and you take the memory card with you to share with everyone. (This is sold on site, not through our website.)
How far is the check-in location from certain areas to the Guided Snorkel Eco Tour?
Walking time to common locations:
- Cabrillo Mole Area: 15-20 minutes
- Basketball/Volleyball/Old Ben Park Area: 10-15 minutes
- Green Pleasure Pier/Island Tour Plaza: 10 minutes
- Casino Building: 0 minutes
- Descanso Beach: 5 minutes
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page.