The original Catalina Island tour that started it all. Glass bottom boats offer a window into another world! See California sea life below you.
- Adult Ages 12-54
- Child Ages 2-11
- Senior Ages 55+
- Veterans & Active Military ID required upon check-in
- Infant Ages 2 & Under
- Children under 2 require a free infant ticket per Coast Guard regulations.
- Private tours available. Contact us for details.
- Ticket prices include City of Avalon harbor use fee & ticketing fee. Rates may vary on weekends & holidays
Explore the Pacific on the Catalina Island Submarine
- Explore the undersea gardens around Catalina Island while staying completely dry.
- See a variety of plant and animal life including sea lions, calico bass, Garibaldi & more.
- Watch a feeding frenzy commence as schools of fish surround your porthole.
- Enjoy a leisurely harbor cruise as you head back into Avalon Harbor.
- This is more than a tour; it’s an undersea adventure.
- Watch the feeding frenzy as schools of fish go crazy for food from above. Get ready for fun!
*Refunds & exchanges are subject to availability. Click here to read our cancellation policy.
Come face-to-face with Catalina’s abundant marine life by cruising five feet underwater in a spacious, climate-controlled submarine cabin. Every passenger has their own seat and port hole plus you’re free to roam about the cabin seeking other viewpoints.
What marine life will we see? Experience underwater sights from aboard the Sea Wolf Semi-Submersible on Catalina Island. You’ll see an incredible array of undersea dwellers: bright orange garibaldi, spotted calico bass, urchins, rock fish and bat rays, just to name a few.
For your safety, you should be in good health & free from high blood pressure, heart, neck or back problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this tour. Please note all guests must be able to use ramps and stairs to enter and exit the Sea Wolf. There are steep stairs up and down between the dock and the seating area on board the boat.
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes based on the season. High heels are not recommended. Check the Catalina Island weather forecast and dress appropriately. Small bags/purses can be accommodated, but please do not bring any large bags aboard the Catalina Island submarine. Larger bags can be left securely at the Cabrillo Mole. Gratuity for your guide is not included but is accepted and greatly appreciated!
Undersea Semi-Submersible Expedition
Green Pleasure Pier, Avalon, CA 90704
Do I need a reservation for the Semi-Submersible Undersea Tour?
While a reservation is not required, it is recommended. There are a limited number of seats and they do sell out.
Are there restrooms available near the Semi-Submersible check-in location or on board?
Yes, restrooms are located at the base of the Green Pleasure Pier. Please make sure to use them before you check-in. There is a restroom on board the semi-submersible for emergencies, however it is recommended that you use the restroom before you board the boat.
How far is the Semi-Submersible check-in location from certain areas?
Walking time to common locations:
- Cabrillo Mole Area: 7-10 minutes
- Basketball/Volleyball/Old Ben Park Area: 3-4 minutes
- Green Pleasure Pier/Island Tour Plaza: 1-2 minutes
- Casino Building: 10-15 minutes
- Descanso Beach: 15-20 minutes
Is food or drink provided on Semi-Submersible Undersea Tour? Can I eat and drink while on the boat?
Due to the nature & brevity of this tour, food & beverage is not provided or permitted on tour. Guests can bring a bottle of water with them, if they would like.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page.