Find out what makes scuba divers love Catalina Island! See majestic kelp and schools of colorful fish as you explore Catalina’s underwater world.
Glass Bottom Boat Voyage
- Adult Ages 12-54
- Senior Ages 55+
- Veterans/Active Military ID required upon check-in
- Child Ages 3-11
- Private tours available. Contact us for details.
- Pricing includes City of Avalon harbor use fee & ticketing fee. Rates may vary on weekends & holidays
See Catalina Marine Life on a Glass Bottom Boat Cruise
- If you feed them they will come… describes this timeless attraction on Catalina’s Glass Bottom Boat the Moonstone.
- Experience the undersea gardens the way people have for more than a century – in the comfort of a glass bottom boat.
- Hop aboard for a cruise through Avalon Harbor and out into the local marine preserve, Lovers Cove.
- Our guides will help you identify fish, plants, and other ocean inhabitants in the crystal clear waters of Lovers Cove.
- Guests of all ages are welcome aboard; infants also require a ticket per Coast Guard regulations.
- You will have the opportunity to see a feeding frenzy as schools of fish are fed from up above.
*Refunds & exchanges are subject to availability. Click here to read our cancellation policy.
Santa Catalina Island is famous for crystal clear water and glass bottom boats—a perfect combination for fun and discovery. These large, comfortable vessels bring the undersea world right to you. During the trip you’ll visit Lovers Cove Marine Preserve, where colorful fish and marine plants thrive among the kelp forests. Advance reservations are required for groups and recommended for individuals. Night trips are available for charter with advanced reservations.
For your safety, you should be in good health & free from high blood pressure, heart, neck or back problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this tour. Weather may impact this excursion. Please contact us in the event of inclement weather. Please note all guests must be able to use ramps and stairs to enter and exit the Catalina Glass Bottom Boat. There are 4 stairs up and down between the dock and the seating area on board the boat.
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes based on the season. High heels are not recommended. Check the weather forecast and dress appropriately. Small bags/purses can be accommodated, but please do not bring any large bags aboard. Larger bags can be left securely at the Cabrillo Mole. Tour guide gratuity is not included in this package. This is an open-air excursion. Expect sun exposure! Bring sunscreen, hat and sunglasses.
Glass Bottom Boat
Green Pleasure Pier, Avalon, CA 90704
Do I need a reservation for the Glass Bottom Boat?
While a reservation is not required, it is recommended. There are a limited number of seats and they do sell out.
Are there restrooms available on the Glass Bottom Boat?
While there are no restrooms on board the Glass Bottom Boat, there are restrooms located at the base of the Green Pleasure Pier. Please make sure to use them before you check-in.
How far is the Glass Bottom Boat check-in location from certain areas?
Walking time to common locations:
- Cabrillo Mole Area: 7-10 minutes
- Basketball/Volleyball/Old Ben Park Area: 3-4 minutes
- Green Pleasure Pier/Island Tour Plaza: 1-2 minutes
- Casino Building: 10-15 minutes
- Descanso Beach: 15-20 minutes
Is food or drink provided on the Glass Bottom Boat? Can I eat and drink while on the boat?
Due to the nature & brevity of this tour, food & beverage is not provided or permitted on tour. Guests can bring a bottle of water with them, if they would like.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page.