Find out what makes scuba divers love Catalina Island! See majestic kelp and schools of colorful fish as you explore Catalina’s underwater world.
- Private SNUBA Experience Ages 8+ • Up to 4 People
- SNUBA is booked as a private experience per time slot. The pricing covers up to 4 guests with a single instructor. Guests must be able to swim and be able to communicate in English with their guide/instructor.
Go Snuba Diving on Catalina Island
- After a 15-minute orientation, your guide will accompany you on an underwater tour that is safe, easy and enjoyed at your own comfort level.
- It’s like snorkeling, but you can stay underwater without surfacing for air.
- You will be provided with all other necessary gear including wet suit, fins, mask and breathing apparatus.
- Children ages 8+ can snuba up to 20 ft. 5-7 years old can enjoy power-snorkeling on the surface.
*Refunds & exchanges are subject to availability. Click here to read our cancellation policy.
If you love to snorkel but wish you could explore longer underwater, snuba diving is the Catalina Island activity for you. Snuba is like scuba diving but without all of the heavy and cumbersome gear. You can breathe underwater through a hose connected to a surface air supply and dive up to 20 feet below the surface.
Do we receive training? The friendly staff at the Casino Dive Park will give you all the training you need to enjoy your snuba adventure. An instructor will also accompany you on your Catalina snuba tour. No snorkeling or diving experience is needed to enjoy this Avalon activity, but you will need to know how to swim. The Snuba Diving Adventure will last 1 ½ hours total including instruction.
For your safety, you should be in good health & free from high blood pressure, heart, neck, or back problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this tour. Access to the ocean is via a set of stairs at the Casino Dive Park. Guests should be able to navigate stairs down into the ocean and up out of the ocean.
Please check the Catalina Island weather forecast and dress appropriately. Wear comfortable clothes, based on the season you are visiting. You may want to wear your bathing suit/swim trunks to the Dive Park to avoid changing in the temporary restrooms currently available. We recommend you bring a towel and dry change of clothes for after your tour.
Check-in with Catalina Divers Supply & ScubaLuv – located in the dive trailer behind the Casino Building.
Do I need a reservation for the Snuba Diving Adventure?
Yes. Because of the intimate nature of this experience and the limited number of guides, a reservation is highly recommended.
Where can I put my personal belongings while on tour?
Each location provides an area to store your belongings. It is always best to bring only necessities to your activity as storage space may be limited. Catalina Tours and its vendors are not responsible for the loss, damage or theft of personal property.
Are there restrooms available nearby the check-in location for the Snuba Diving Adventure?
Yes. Restrooms are located just across the walkway from the Snuba Booth. Make sure you use them before you check-in.
How far is the Snuba Diving Adventure check-in location from certain areas?
Walking time to common locations:
- Cabrillo Mole Area: 20 minutes
- Basketball/Volleyball/Old Ben Park Area: 15-18 minutes
- Green Pleasure Pier/Island Tour Plaza: 10-15 minutes
- Casino Building: 3-5 minutes
- Descanso Beach: 1-2 minutes
Is there food or beverage provided with the Snuba Diving Adventure?
Due to the active nature of this experience, food & beverage is not included.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page.