The original Catalina Island tour that started it all. Glass bottom boats offer a window into another world! See California sea life below you.
Flying Fish Voyage
- Adult Ages 12-54
- Senior Ages 55+
- Active Military Must Present Valid ID
- Child Ages 2-11
- Ticket price includes City of Avalon harbor use fee & ticketing fee. Tour operates mid-spring to early autumn
One-of-a-Kind Nighttime Flying Fish Experience!
- Feel the adrenaline rush as you see Catalina’s flying fish take flight.
- Delight in the experience of seeing Avalon Harbor from a whole new perspective.
- Explore on the open ocean with your family and friends.
- Learn all about these fascinating migratory creatures on our seasonal Flying Fish Trip.
- Search the Pacific Ocean for flying fish on a larger-than-life speedboat.
*Refunds & exchanges are subject to availability. Click here to read our cancellation policy.
Hop aboard the Cyclone – your flying fish vessel for the evening. Strap in as we make our way out of Avalon Harbor and along the rugged coastline of Catalina Island. You’re in for one of the most intriguing things to do on Catalina Island! Keep your eyes on the horizon as we search for these fantastic fish on our flying fish cruise.
Everyone is welcome on the Flying Fish Trip: This is a family-friendly experience, so gather up the kids (5 & up) and join us for a fun adventure playing with Catalina’s flying fish. You may never get another chance to see these incredible fish in flight.
For your safety, you should be in good health & free from high blood pressure, heart, neck or back problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this tour. Weather may impact this excursion. Please contact us in the event of inclement weather.
Wear comfortable clothes. You will be on a boat, so please wear appropriate shoes to navigate on the boat safely. The Cyclone is an open-deck boat. It can get cool on the ocean, especially in the evening – please make sure to bring or wear a light sweater or sweatshirt and dress appropriately for the season. For the safety of all guests, no pets allowed are allowed on the flying fish boat ride. Gratuity for your captain & deckhand are not included in the cost of your tour. While gratuity is not expected, it is greatly appreciated!
Evening Flying Fish Boat Trip
Green Pleasure Pier
Avalon, CA 90704
Do I need a reservation for the Flying Fish Trip?
While a reservation is not required, it is recommended. There are a limited number of spaces on the Catallac and they do sell out.
Are there restrooms available on the Flying Fish Trip or where we check in?
Yes, restrooms are available at the base of the Green Pleasure Pier before and after your tour. There is also a restroom on board the Catallac.
How far is the Flying Fish Trip check-in location from certain areas?
Walking time to common locations:
- Cabrillo Mole Area: 7-10 minutes
- Basketball/Volleyball/Old Ben Park Area: 3-4 minutes
- Green Pleasure Pier/Island Tour Plaza: 1-2 minutes
- Casino Building: 10-15 minutes
- Descanso Beach: 15-20 minutes
Is food or drink provided on the Flying Fish Trip? Can I eat and drink while on the boat?
Non-alcoholic beverages, beer and wine are available for purchase on board, so please do not bring ice chests or bottles. You are welcome to bring your own food on board.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page.