Catalina Island is one of Southern California’s top wedding destinations. With its charming ambiance, convenient location and reputation as the Island of Romance, it’s not hard to see why.
For many engaged couples, the allure of a Catalina Island wedding is irresistible, as is the idea of expanding their nuptials into a Catalina wedding weekend. If you’re planning a weekend-long destination wedding on Catalina Island, here are our top five tips.
- Plan ahead: If you are hoping to entice your wedding guests into turning your ceremony into an excuse for a weekend getaway, you’ll want to give yourself – and those guests – plenty of time to make plans. Get the ball rolling as soon as possible and let your guests know the plan with a Save The Date card several months in advance.
- Provide plenty of information: For many of your guests, your Catalina wedding may be their first trip to the island. Use social media, a wedding website and good old-fashioned word of mouth to provide accommodations suggestions, Catalina ferry information and Island travel tips as well as details about your wedding and associated events.
- Options, options, options: A Catalina wedding weekend is a great excuse to bring your family and friends together to get to know each other and strengthen their bonds. Suggest some exciting activities like the Zipline Eco Tour, parasailing or kayaking. Schedule time to relax with a trip to a spa or a Catalina Happy Hour Tour. Or get the whole family together at the Catalina Room Escape – Pirate Challenge and the Avalon Tasting & Cultural Walking Tour.
- Don’t overschedule: Your friends and family are there to spend time with you and celebrate the start of your new life together, but don’t forget that many of them have made a significant investment in time and treasure to be there. Give everyone a bit of break to explore on their own and have some down time to do what they want to do.
- Remember to say goodbye: Whether your honeymoon involves jetting off to somewhere more exotic or simply spending a relaxing week on the Island of Romance, you’ll want to take the time to bring your family and friends together for one last hurrah. A farewell brunch or bon voyage breakfast is a great way to do just that. Contact Catalina Coffee & Cookie Co to cater a casual breakfast at your favorite island spot.