Soar over Avalon Harbor on a Catalina parasail ride! You won’t experience views like this anywhere else. Get ready to soar!
- 600' Flight Ages 6+
- 800' Flight Ages 6+
- Ride Along Ages 5+
- Tickets are priced per person. Ride Along tickets are for guests who want to ride in the boat only (not fly). Due to space restrictions onboard each boat, Ride Along tickets are restricted to one ride along per flyer.
Catalina Island Parasailing Adventure
- See amazing views & Catalina landmarks from 600′ or 800′ up!
- Explore the rugged coastline of Catalina Island from above.
- Take off and land directly in the boat with the help of our capable crews.
- Dip your toes in the gorgeous Pacific Ocean if you choose to.
- Don’t want to fly? You can still travel as a passenger – see details below.
- Minimum age to participate is 6 years old. Minimum age to ride along is 5 years old.
*Refunds & exchanges are subject to availability. Click here to read our cancellation policy.
How does Catalina parasailing work? We can take up to 15 passengers at a time on all three Coast Guard inspected vessels. Our friendly, experienced crew will assist you throughout your trip. One at a time the crew will assist you in securing your life vest and harness. Once they have launched the chute you will be asked to walk to the back deck of the boat so they can clip you in. You will sail away without ever touching the water. After your hang time in the chute you will be brought back down to the boat. Lift your legs and land on your feet from the same spot you took off from!
Please check the weather forecast and dress appropriately. Wear comfortable clothes, based on the season you are visiting Catalina Island. You may want to wear your bathing suit/swim trunks if you are riding in the summer, especially if you choose to get dipped in the ocean. Small bags/purses can be accommodated, but please do not bring any large bags aboard. Larger bags can be left securely at the Cabrillo Mole.
For your safety, you should be in good health & free from high blood pressure, heart, neck or back problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this tour. Due to the adventurous nature of this tour, it is not wheelchair accessible. Weather may impact this excursion. Please contact us in the event of inclement weather. Due to space restrictions onboard each boat, Ride Along tickets are restricted to one ride along per flyer.
IWC Booth Parasail Ride
Green Pleasure Pier, Avalon, California 90704
Where can I put my personal belongings while on tour?
Each location provides an area to store your belongings. It is always best to bring only necessities to your activity as storage space may be limited. Catalina Tours and its vendors are not responsible for the loss, damage or theft of personal property.
Booking buffer: How much time should I allow before & after my Parasail Ride?
Check-In: 15 Minutes, Tour Wrap Up: 15 Minutes
Can I take pictures while on my Parasail Ride?
Absolutely! Definitely bring your camera with you and your wallet if you desire to tip the Captain. Purchase a Photo Package and our crew will take at least 50 pictures of your adventure on a 3 GB Card that you get to take home. Included on the card are 8 commemorative photos of Catalina from the air and the sea. (This is sold on site, not through our website.)
Parasail Ride: How far is the Parasail check-in location from certain areas?
Walking time to common locations:
- Cabrillo Mole Area: 7-10 minutes
- Basketball/Volleyball/Old Ben Park Area: 3-4 minutes
- Green Pleasure Pier/Island Tour Plaza: 0 minutes
- Casino Building: 10-15 minutes
- Descanso Beach: 15-20 minutes
I’d like to upgrade to the 800′ Parasail Ride. How can I do that?
You absolutely can upgrade! We’re happy to book the traditional 600′ flight for you here. Should you decide to upgrade, simply let the Parasail team know when you check in. They will take care of the upgrade fee ($14) and make sure to bring along the extra 200′ of line.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page.