The Catalina Flyer departs once a day from Newport Beach, arriving in Avalon in just over an hour.
- Passenger - One-Way Flight Ages 2+
- Lap Child Under 2 Years Old • Must Book 1 Passenger First
- Rates are per person. IEX Helicopters is an on-demand service. Travel times will be confirmed upon receipt of the booking request. Rates posted are weekend rates Spring-Fall. Weekday and off-season rates may be less expensive per person.
Escape to an Island Far Removed from your Hectic World!
- Need a romantic getaway for the weekend or a relaxing vacation? Whisk away to Catalina Island in just 15 minutes!
- With IEX Helicopters, you can start your romantic getaway, afternoon escape or week-long vacation in just minutes.
- Enjoy aerial views of Catalina Island and the Southern California mainland.
- Island Express departs from the heliport in Long Beach adjacent to the Queen Mary passenger terminal.
- Rates are listed per person for public on-demand one-way or round trip flights.
*Refunds & exchanges are subject to availability. Click here to read our cancellation policy.
Travel to Long Beach–or Long Beach to Catalina Island–in just 15 minutes aboard one of IEX’s fleet of helicopters. A helicopter flight to Catalina Island starts your vacation off on a high note, with professional pilots and a dedication to safety. During your flight, you’ll enjoy spectacular views of the California coastline, the Pacific Ocean, and Catalina Island. Watch for whales and dolphins as you cross the channel in just minutes.
IEX has been delivering exclusive tours of Southern California and Catalina since 1982. Our fleet of seven top-of-the-line turbine helicopters fly out of our oceanfront heliport located at the majestic Queen Mary in Long Beach. We have been at the Queen Mary property since 1998. Additional departures are available from San Pedro, Burbank, and Orange County. Our highly experienced pilots offer a safe, fun, informative tour narrating highlights as you view the breathtaking vistas of Catalina Island and along the Southern California coastline.
What you should know about this experience and COVID-19:
- Masks are mandatory for all guests
- Capacity is limited to allow for social distancing
- Additional sanitizing is happening regularly
- Children and Infants: We welcome children on all our flights. However, we do not have a child rate. The FAA requires all children who have reached their second birthday to have their own seat– -this is for safety and is beyond our control. Infants who have not reached their 2nd birthday may travel on a parent’s lap.
Baggage: The baggage allowance is 25 lbs. per person. The baggage compartments on our aircraft are small, therefore please use soft-sided bags and let us know in advance if you have any large or odd-shaped baggage. We cannot guarantee accommodating coolers.
Weight Limits: We are required to complete weight and balance calculations for the aircraft. Therefore we do have guest weight and size limits which vary depending upon which aircraft we are using and how many guests are on each flight. Please be as accurate as possible when giving guest weights to our staff. Guests will be weighed at check-in and we may refuse service if there is a large discrepancy between guests ’ given weights. Guest weight is kept in confidence.
Restrictions: For your safety, you should be in good health & free from high blood pressure, heart, neck, or back problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. For safety reasons, the FAA requires that we refuse service to any guest for being under the influence of Alcohol or Drugs. Force Majeure: We are not responsible for adverse elements beyond our control, i.e.: weather or mechanical breakdown.
ISLAND EXPRESS HELICOPTERS
1175 QUEENS HWY
LONG BEACH, CA 90802
How many people can fit in the helicopter?
Island Express offers two size helicopters, one that accommodates six passengers and one that accommodates nine passengers. Passengers will be seated according to weight distribution; passengers traveling together may not be able to sit together.
Where do I park for the helicopter if I’m leaving from Long Beach?
The Long Beach heliport is conveniently located near the Queen Mary. Just follow the signs for the Queen Mary and then the signs for Island Express Helicopters.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page.