Travel 1,500 feet above sea level for the best views of Avalon on this Ridgetop Eco Adventure that takes place in a Hummer.
- Two-Hour Eco Tour Per Person • All Ages
- Three-Hour Eco Tour Per Person • All Ages
Explore the Outback of the Island on a Catalina Eco Tour!
- This is the ultimate Catalina Island interior experience!
- Your naturalist guide will drive you into the remote places of Catalina that many visitors never get to see.
- Go off-road to visit some of the island’s most stunning vistas and scenic points.
- Make memories as you scan the horizon for the national mammal – the North American Plains Bison – plus deer, fox, bald eagles & more!
- Work with your guide to map out your personalized tour experience. Enjoy an invigorating exploration or a relaxing cruise through the hills.
- Kids under 6 years of age/60 pounds welcome – please bring a car seat if necessary per CA DMV laws.
- Two-hour and three-hour tour options available.
*Refunds & exchanges are subject to availability. Click here to read our cancellation policy.
Whether you are seeking a unique educational experience in the great outdoors or simply a relaxing eco-tour, we are certain you’ll enjoy an unforgettable experience and gain new appreciation of Catalina Island.
What’s included in the tour? Join us on an open air four-wheel tour of Catalina Island’s rugged interior. Your guide is a Catalina Island Conservancy naturalist, so you’ll have a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips! You may expect to encounter bald eagles, Santa Catalina Island fox, Catalina California ground squirrel and our US landmark mammal, the American bison, along with rare plants and historical sites. Venture to remote beaches or the backside of the island and spend some time getting to know what makes Catalina so magical.
Good to know: You may want to bring spending money in the event that you stop at the Airport in the Sky (great gift shop & snack bar) or wish to tip your naturalist guide. Gratuity for your guide is not included but is accepted and greatly appreciated! Weather on Catalina Island may impact this excursion. Please contact us in the event of inclement weather.
For your safety, you should be in good health & free from high blood pressure, heart, neck or back problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this tour. Those with neck or back concerns/injuries are discouraged from taking this tour. The Catalina Island Eco Tour travels on steep, narrow, winding, bumpy, dusty, scenic mountain roads. These roads may be paved or dirt – please plan accordingly. Children that require a car seat in a traditional car will require one in this vehicle as well. Please bring your car seat with you if your child is required to use one due to their age/size.
Wear comfortable clothes. Closed-toe shoes with low heels are recommended, but not required. The Catalina Eco Tour is generally in an open-aired vehicle. Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen are recommended throughout the year. A light sweater or jacket may be necessary on cooler days.
Catalina Eco Tour
708 Cresent Avenue, Avalon, Calif. 90704
Do I need a reservation for the Catalina Eco Tour?
Yes. Because of the intimate nature of the Eco Tour (5-6 guests per vehicle; 1-3 jeeps per departure time), reservations are highly recommended.
Are there restrooms available on the Catalina Eco Tour?
There are restrooms located at the Green Pleasure Pier and the boat landing – both are just a short walk from the Catalina Island Conservancy House. There are a couple areas on tour where we may stop for restrooms. The main location is the Airport in the Sky – they have full restrooms plus a gift shop & snack bar.
Are there group discounts or private Eco Tours available?
Private tours are available upon request (up to 6 passengers per Jeep). Half-day (4-hour) and full-day charters are also available and may offer a discount for groups of 5 or more per vehicle. Please inquire by calling us at (310) 469-9079. Rates may vary. Subject to availability and final count of guests per vehicle.
How far is the Catalina Eco Tour check-in location from certain areas?
Walking time to common locations:
- Cabrillo Mole Area: 5 minutes
- Basketball/Volleyball/Old Ben Park Area: 1-2 minutes
- Green Pleasure Pier/Island Tour Plaza: 3-4 minutes
- Casino Building: 10-15 minutes
- Descanso Beach: 15-20 minutes
Is there food provided on the Catalina Eco Tour? Can I eat or drink while on this tour?
Food is not provided for the public tours (2- and 3-hour tours). While food is prohibited on the vehicles, bottled water is welcomed. You will stop at the Airport in the Sky, which has a gift shop and snack bar. There are some quick grab items to purchase, including their world famous killer cookies.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page.